Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Where's Cathy?

My dad was recently in the hospital. Don't worry, he's going to be ok. But one of his first days there, his catheter was really bothering him and burning. My mom and I were in the room, and we suggested that he call the nurses' station using the call button on that remote they give you. So my dad pushes the button to tell the nurse that his catheter is burning:

Nurse: May I help you?
Dad: Catheter is burns.
Nurse: Excuse me?
Dad: Catheter is burns!
Nurse: I'm sorry sir, I can't understand you.
Dad: BURNS! CATH!
Nurse: Oh, you're looking for Cathy?

Mom and I couldn't help it, we started cracking up and had to intercept to tell the nurse what was going on. We kept trying to tell him we were laughing with him, but he was still upset. Poor dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment