Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Runaway Bride

My favorite story about my mom is about the day that my parents were signing their marriage papers. My mom, dad, and dad's best friend were going to city hall (or wherever you get your marriage papers signed in Ukraine). Before heading out, my mom asked my dad if he was sure the office would be open. In true dad fashion, he responded, "Why wouldn't it be open?" So the 3 of them headed towards the office. Side note: When I am told this story, it's snowing and they have to walk 5 miles. Anyway, when they get there, it becomes apparent that the office was indeed closed.

At this point, think to yourself what a normal woman would do. Maybe reprimand her fiance for not checking the office hours, or laugh and decide to come back another day.

My mom took off running. Just started running. My dad and his friend had to chase her down and take her back home. Who does that?! Her explanation is that if he didn't care enough to check the hours, she didn't care to marry him. This type of logic is what makes my mom totally nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment