Friday, May 6, 2011

Call Obama!

About 2 years ago I was looking for an apartment and I found a really nice studio. I would be taking over the lease from someone who was leaving before it ended, and he assured me that I would get the fridge that was already in the apartment. Later that day, I had my mom, dad, and boyfriend come check it out with me, as this was the first apartment I was ever getting on my own. Everyone liked it a lot, except when the person living there now mentioned that he may be taking the fridge with him. Now, I understand him wanting to take the fridge, but at least be upfront with me right away. Anyway, my mom got upset and started bargaining with him for the fridge. Eventually he said, "I'll call my mom and talk to her. We may have another fridge that I can take." So my mom says, in an extremely exasperated tone, "Call your mother, call Obama! I don't care! Get my daughter the fridge!" Needless to say he never contacted me again and I ended up not getting that apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment